- 1 Parachutist is rescued from radio tower in south St. Louis County
- 2 Waterloo couple 'pay it forward,' donate $1 million to Shriners Hospitals
- 3 Pathologist who did private autopsy questions finding of gun residue on Michael Brown
- 4 Mother, three children killed in Vandalia, Ill., train crash near Halloween parade route
- 5 Report on police shooting of VonDerrit Myers to reach St. Louis prosecutors next week
- 6 Ferguson police chief fires back at reports his department is disbanding
- 7 McClellan: Waiting for 'Ebola, the Movie'
- 8 Former lawyer turned bank robber gets 45 more years in prison
- 9 Police: Man wanted in Pennsylvania trooper ambush is captured
- 10 Man who caused crash that killed Chesterfield college student gets 2 years in prison
Derrick Goold Live at the Winter Meetings
Joe, the difference between the two is going to be the commitment necessary to land them and the competition for the pitcher's services. Mike Gonzalez makes a lot of sense for the Cardinals in terms of years. Burnett appears likely to get a three-year deal (ala Affeldt) or a two-year/option deal. Gonzalez has moved around here recently and would certainly like security, but it's more likely that he'll go for a term that doesn't lock a team like Burnett would. Both have the interest of the Cardinals. Burnett's market could speed up here this week. One person I talked to said the lefty would like to get some resolution or direction this week.